Thursday, February 01, 2007

Represent, Tampa Heights!

You may know I also run Jobsite Theater, and we're the resident theater company at TBPAC. We could really use some support this weekend as we have two shows running. There's the final two performances of All the Great Books (abridged) - which I am in - Sat. at 10p and Sun. at 7p. There's also 4 showings of This is How it Goes. Thu. - Sat. at 8p and Sun. at 4p.

In most critical need of support is the performance of TIHIG tonight, and the two shows on Sunday. Go figure, we're struggling against the SuperBowl.

Both shows are exceptional and have gotten high praise from both critics and regular patrons. Both shows have also suffered a lack of press due to Gasparilla, the run to the SuperBowl and other big events here from the monster truck pull to Spamalot. You can read all about the shows, read reviews and watch the TV spots by following the above links.

We're a very small company who critically depends on ticket sales to keep going. This month hasn't been too kind to us. If you could make it out to any show this weekend - one, you won't be disappointed and two, I'd really appreciate it.


If you have anything you'd like to see listed in the space, from a lost cat notice to a garage sale to a solicitation to help you with your yardwork, drop me a line and I'll get it up here.

2 comments:

  1. We came out last night at the 10 pm show to represent. We even invited friends. Thankfully, they cancelled on us, since your 10 pm show was cancelled. It is like pulling teeth to get our friends to do anything other than see a movie, so I'm glad they didn't follow our lead only to have to go to Ybor to see a movie. I hope all is well with your troupe and that this is not a sign of more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plymouthst - did you try to come out on Fri or Sat? We didn't have a show Fri night - just Sat at 10 and Sun at 7. I'm sorry if I didn't make that more clear. We had to cancel the Fri night show about a week in advance, because no tickets had sold to it.

    I'm very sorry if you came down Fri. night thinking there was a show. I'd like to make it up to you for your wasted trip if you're interested in seeing This is How it goes this weekend. If you'd like to take me up on the offer, write me at jobsitetheater AT gmail DOT com.

    ReplyDelete