Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More on places to eat ...

Convenience is a major factor to me when I want to get dinner. I hate driving to South Tampa if I can avoid it. I'm also not real fond of driving too far in any other direction either.

So, why don't I get a list of easy-to-get-to Good Eats in and near Tampa Heights. Please feel free to add:

Tampa Heights/Downtown
Pesto's Italian - Tampa St.
Oceanic Supermarket's take-out/deli - Tampa St. - Mmm ... chow fun ... and you can get rad dim sum on the cheap once they've brought everything over after the rush at T.C. Choy!
Gold Ring Cafe - Tampa St. - Great breakfast spot
Grass Root Organic - Florida Ave. - I've still yet to eat there, but I hear the Miso rocks your mom.
Thai Corner - Franklin St. - Between The Hub and Tampa Theater, I have no idea why this place isn't always packed. Try the green curry soft-shelled crab!
Fly Bar - Franklin St. - Sure, it's trendy as hell right now and typically full of people I want nothing to do with, but it's a great spot with great food. The late night menu is very reasonably priced.

West Tampa
House of Soul - Columbus Ave. - Which is actually under new ownership and called something like My House or summat, but the guy told me they're about to start delivery service. Same great food!
La Teresita - Columbus Ave. - This one should go without saying. I love Vaca Frita Friday's!
Ho-Ho - Columbus Ave. - Much better take out than the little skeevy plae on Tampa and Columbus. It's worth the few extra blocks.

Ybor City
New World Brewery - 1313 8th Ave. - Thin-crust pizza and more beer than you can swing a dead cat at.
Tampa Bay Brewing Company - Centro Ybor - I'll admit, I'm still not thrilled with having to go to Centro to get my BrewCo on, but after a few months deprivation, the food was just excellent and will likely keep us coming back. Try their homebrews.
Laughing Cat - 15th St. - This place has to have the best lunch buffet in town. The dinner menu is also great, a bit more pricey though.

4 comments:

  1. How about the Lucky Dill deli downtown on Ashley? I've had their Cubans which were good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's also a good suggestion, though it seems they aren't open except for weekday business hours, so I forgot about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nico's Diner is a must for anyone living in our hood. Inexpensive, good variety, and good food. The food is consistent. Try breakfast on Saturday or Sunday.

    The Hatian place at Floribraska and Florida Avenue is good food, as well. The bulk of the customers probalby wish you woudn't come, however, if you are not from Hati. Don't let that stop you, however, as this is some good food at a good value. The owners are friendly, too. Screw the prejudice patrons.

    Pesto's is good pizza, and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grass Roots is great food! Vegetarian's and vegans will especially love it. Plus it has a small but unique atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete