Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Forced entry

No, no one had their house broken into, I'm just feeling a bit guilty about neglecting this blog.

Like I said a long time ago, I don't really have all the juicy gossip on the 'hood, but I'm happy to post anything sent to me.

So, umm, let me see if I have anything at all to say ...

Looks like lots of my neighbors are doing a lot of work on their homes, cruise the 3600 block of N. Tampa and it's like a giant spring cleaning. I need to get out in my yard and rake. Of course my next door neighbor just laid down fresh sod and a sprinkler system - guaranteeing my yard will look crappy in comparison for quite some time.

Seems like every day folks are doing all sorts of massive home improvement projects, which I suppose is good for all of us.

I just put down Pergo in all the bedrooms and have a koi pond and landscaping for my backyard in my somewhat-immediate future.

An acquaintance just bought Lee's Grocery over on Central as an investment property, not sure if she plans on re-opening it, renting it or what.

People still drive too fast down Florida and especially Tampa, and others come too far down the side-streets practically into traffic because they can't see around the car shop's giant fences and overfilled lots. That's going to spell disaster sooner rather than later.

I still can't say enough good things about the deli at Oceanic - provided you know what you're looking for. With the girl out of town I also end up stopping by there right after work and picking up the leftovers on the serious cheap. Yesterday's haul included an order of Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce, a flat of shrimp-stuffed tofu and another order of salt and pepper shrimp - all for under $8.

Anyone know what they're building across the street from Oceanic, kinda next to Stetson??

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    The Hillsborough County Bar Association is going up next to the Oceanic. Behind Phil Bourquardez park is going to be the new offices of Bush Neil, or Bush Nunn (Law offices).

    Cheers,

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete