Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ros & Guil and Cafe Hey

For anyone in the Heights looking for a great bit of entertainment, let me humbly submit my current show, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. We're playing at TBPAC's Shimberg Playhouse for hjust 7 more performances, through April 27.




Also, I can't remind people enough to go hit up Cafe Hey on the Kay Street corner of the Oceanic Supermarket building. They're good people, and they serve damn fine coffee. I'm a big fan of the Black Hole. I've seen Heights shakers Brenden McLaughlin and Manny Leto (ok, Manny lives in VM Ybor, but he's close) there in just the past 5 days. My lack of ability to get to the store and buy espresso has resulted in them seeing steady business from me. It's very convenient to hit them up on the way to work. Far more convenient (and money better spent) than hitting up Starbucks or Indigo.

Local business only makes it if you support it! Get a coffee from Cafe Hey on your way to Ros and Guil this weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I'll second that emotion. The coffee is exceptionally good and if you haven't tried the Kale salad, you ought.
    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Wow, I'm a Heights shaker. Sweet.
    My favorite Cafe Hey menu item? Yogurt, fruit and granola parfet. They make the granola themselves for god's sake! Go get one!
    -Manny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking at those. I almost got one this morning. I'll have to get a salad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to acknowledge Manny as a Heights shaker. He's a Heights jiggler at best.

    The Cafe Hey parfait, however, is awesome, and comes in a bowl roughly the size of a VW Rabbit. Great for sharing with a friend!

    ReplyDelete