Saturday, June 02, 2007

Illegal fence up at Columbus/Tampa?

I noticed as I was driving to work on Fri. morning that two guys were putting up an 8-ft black chain-link fence around the property on the corner of the 2600 block of N. Tampa St. I may be wrong, but I was pretty sure that that type of fencing was illegal in our neighborhood. A lot of those car lots on Florida and Tampa have fences grandfathered in, but this is new construction. It was an open lot prior to yesterday.

I'll try to snap a picture on my way into the theater today - butdoes anyone know if this is a code violation? In addition to being an eyesore, these fences are dangerous on corners as motorists typically cannot see around them.

This corner should be in the process of beautification, not taking a huge step backwards.

Anyone know anything about this?

UPDATE - A few photos. Click to enlarge:

fence 003

fence 001

1 comment:

  1. You might try calling Code at one of the numbers listed here:http://www.tampagov.net/dept_code_enforcement/contact_us/

    or using the webform here:http://www.tampagov.net/appl_customer_service_center/form.asp?strServiceID=89

    Not sure what the ordinances are down your way, but Code has been fairly responsive to some recent inquiries when I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete